The designs are done, the contents are available, and all you have to do is get ready to launch your new website.
This is easier said than done– launching a new website isn’t as simple as it may seem.
For one, you need to attract visitors that will check your site and convert them to future customers.
The question is, how?
This is where SEO plays a vital role.
It can help a business become successful because oftentimes, potential customers utilize the search engines for the products and services they need.
Thus, getting a website in front of the target audience can positively affect the business, where it’ll automatically direct the new customers into the highest ranking website.
Where should you start?
Here are some of the best SEO strategies for new websites:
1. Identify Your Target Audience
When it comes to SEO, it’s important to determine who your target audience is, and this could be done through keyword research.
Try to identify the usual search terms most customers enter into search engines and this will help you discover the keywords that you should focus on.
- It’s never advisable to overuse generic keywords. It wouldn’t help a website at all and it’ll just negatively affect the relevance of the content.
- There are a number of tools that you can use to build your keyword lists, such as Google Sets. Then, you can use free tools, like the Google Planner and Google insights to determine the most common search phrases or terms.
- Pay attention to your competitors and visit their websites every time you can. This will give you the idea of what keywords they target.
2. The Site Structure Should be Accessible
To ensure the success of a new website, it’s important to pay attention to search engine accessibility.
Basically, when the search engine spider locates the website, it should be able to index all the pages with ease and smoothly navigate between pages.
Keep in mind, the search engine spiders determine how relevant a website is to every keyword and phrase on the website.
That in mind, stand alone pages that link nowhere are considered to be less relevant as compared to pages that are linked to several pages with similar content.
3. The On-Page SEO Basics Should be Done Right
There are a lot factors and strategies to consider in order to ensure a good SEO ranking.
However, the major factor that you must consider is that the Search Engine is the one that returns the most accurate results to a specific query, and this was made possible because of algorithm.
Here are some of the on-page SEO factors that you must focus on:
- As much as possible, the URL should be short and SEO friendly.
- Each page should have a title tag that’s relevant to the content.
- Despite the fact that Meta descriptions don’t affect a website’s ranking, they still appear in the search engine listings– that are why it should be catchy and informative.
- Don’t overuse the keywords, or you’ll be accused of spamming.
- The image file names should be descriptive and related to the image and content.
4. The Content Should be Interesting and Helpful
From time to time, search engines will visit the site to see if the content has changed or not.
So, if you’ll post the same content each time the search engine visits your site, and then the frequency of the site will reduce.
That’s why it’s important to add relevant contents to the website and link them from existing pages each time.
This will increase the relevance of the content.
5. Link Building Is Important
Link building plays a vital role in how the search engines rank a website.
Though, aside from ranking, the first link is also considered to be the most essential because they can be an instrument for the search engines to find your site.
That’s why, the best strategy for this is to create a content that’s capable of generating links to your site– this can help in building the brand’s credibility as well as authority.
Contrary to popular belief, SEO isn’t something done after the website is up and running.
Although, it usually ends up like this and that’s the reason why a lot of web owners fail to use their websites to their advantage.
The strategies discussed above are just some of the ways on how you can successfully optimize your website and ensure a good SEO ranking.